Skip to main content

Winter Goose on the Loose!

This past weekend Carrier Budge and I took part in the Dion Winter Goose Chase Snowshoe Race!

Carrier Budge was a proud sponsor again this year, donating draw prizes, custom thank you cards to be given to the race sponsors, as well as designing awards for the top finishers, featuring this wonderful snowshoe goose.




I also took part in the race this year, trying out snowshoe running for the first time. Now I've run this sort of distance before, and have tried snowshoeing, but never the two combined. So I wasn't sure what to expect. 

I was happy to discover I didn't have to alter my running too much to accommodate the snowshoes. One thing I did learn quickly is that there's no dragging your feet when you are tired, unless you want to fall on your face. The ice cleats almost got me a couple times.

The course was 6.8k along the beautiful trails of Shades Mills Conservation Area. It was a challenging course, with rolling hills, but I made it through. 

I ended up surprising myself placing 34th out of 85, 15th female overall. 

I was really happy with my results and I had a lot of fun. I would definitely do some more snowshoe racing in the future.

Congrats to Race Directors Lisa Leskien and Greg Leskien on a successful race. I look forward to taking part again next year!


Comments

Post a Comment